Well, this is supposed to be wordless, but I'll explain. This was my garden shed. We think what happened is that my husband had cut the lawn on his riding mower. He put it away after it had cooled for about 30 minutes. Not long after things inside started on fire. It was a total loss as was lots of my stuff. This was in May and all my lawn furniture and grills were stored in the loft area. This was a few years ago, and we finally have a new cute shed and all new stuff! No one was hurt, although I lost that huge pine tree and about 12 8 foot arborvitaes. The fire burned so hot that it scorched the trees 15 feet away!
Sorry about your losses. I've only ever been close to one fire. It was in a garage of a neighbor's house. The house was fine but the wood was scorched. My friend's doll was leaning against that wall and the doll's head was melted. I'm glad you now have a new shed.
I work full-time in outside sales. Try to blog when I have something interesting to say or a recipe to share. Also post photos when I'm in the mood!
I have 2 blogs, please visit them both!
Oh nooo! I'm so sorry. Cute dogs on your sidebar though, especially Jake.
ReplyDeleteI hope noone was hurt! Sorry! Happy WW!
ReplyDeleteCheck out my WW post at http://www.pbandsmellysdad.com/
Oh no. What happened? I hope everyone was ok. Firemen are like Superman. Aren't they?
ReplyDeleteHappy WW from Sara @ Mostly Wordless Wednesday HQ!
Well, this is supposed to be wordless, but I'll explain. This was my garden shed. We think what happened is that my husband had cut the lawn on his riding mower. He put it away after it had cooled for about 30 minutes. Not long after things inside started on fire. It was a total loss as was lots of my stuff. This was in May and all my lawn furniture and grills were stored in the loft area. This was a few years ago, and we finally have a new cute shed and all new stuff! No one was hurt, although I lost that huge pine tree and about 12 8 foot arborvitaes. The fire burned so hot that it scorched the trees 15 feet away!
ReplyDeleteSorry about your losses. I've only ever been close to one fire. It was in a garage of a neighbor's house. The house was fine but the wood was scorched. My friend's doll was leaning against that wall and the doll's head was melted. I'm glad you now have a new shed.
ReplyDeletewow, Lin, I read the story about the fire! scary! so glad it was "just a shed" and not the house with people in it, but still sad all was lost :(
ReplyDeleteappropriate picture for the theme though!
take care of yourself; (I'll be moving the next few days so if you don't see me, you'll know I'm lugging boxes and furniture, LOL :)
betty
Uh-oh - not good! :(
ReplyDeleteLove all your shots this week but this one really leaves me speechless - so sad.
ReplyDelete