Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Watery Wednesday


Posted by Picasa


I took this from the deck of a whale watching ship in Maui, Hawaii last February. This is the fin of a whale and if you look closely, you will see 2 more whales to the left. There were many moms with their babies. They use the waters of Hawaii to teach their babies how to feed and breach, then head back to Alaska for the summer. Whale season is Oct-March in Hawaii.
For more Watery Wednesday fun, click here!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful capture, and the blue waters are just cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good shot. It is very hard to catch them with the camera, by the time its focused you miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool! I want to go whale watching too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that! I've always wanted to go whale watching. One of these days I will. The photo reminds me of the clips in the movie Free Willy played to Michael Jackson's song. Beautiful to watch those whales flipping around in that beautiful blue water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh - excellent capture! I've never seen anything like that in person - so very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whale watching is awesome. Beautiful photo.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whales! Awesome shot!!! Very cool post for Watery Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very cool... I'll bet it was even more awesome to see it in person! :)

    I hope I can go back to Hawaii someday, I sure loved it there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is lovely picture. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's not something you see everyday! Not round here anyway!!!!!
    Very good to see the whales and they make a good picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure that was an exciting experience for you! Great shot of the view and the cool waters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw your WW and had to stop here too, I am jealous, you must have had such a great time! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Whale tail! how exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please stop and say hi!