Saturday, April 11, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award



Thank you so much to Martha for awarding me with the Kreativ Blogger award! Now my task is to pick 7 things that I love, and 7 fellow bloggers to carry on this meme.



Things I Love!







1. My daughter. An only child, so naturally she is spoiled. But she's done so well for herself, we are very proud of her. She was always an honor student, completed 3 years at University of Iowa, and is now in her first year of Pharmacy school. My daughter is going to be a Dr. of Pharmacy!






2. Animals. All animals. But I do have a particular softness for dogs. I found my dog when she was a skinny, 10 month old stray. One look at her and I knew I had to bring her home. Xena is now 11 years young, and almost as spoiled as my human daughter!











3. Gardening. I've loved plants since I was a kid. I have quite a collection of cactus which I've accumulated over the years from greenhouses here and from trips to Arizona. I also enjoy planting my perennial garden, always tweaking it to try to attract birds, butterflies and hummingbirds.






4. Snoopy! This probably goes along with my love for dogs. But I have quite an extensive Snoopy collection, including a Christmas tree that is all Snoopy/Peanuts.






















5. Cars. I love to go to the auto show to see the new cars. I love to go to "cruise night" to see the old cars. I watch the Barrett-Jackson auction on television. I love to drive. In my single days, I had owned a Chevy Camaro. Someday I'd like to be able to own this car..... it's the new Camaro!



6. Garrett's Chicago Mix. This is truly my drug of choice. If I indulge myself and buy myself a bag of this caramel corn/cheddar cheese mix, I will eat it until it is gone. What happens is, your fingers take on the yellow of the cheese, and you wash your hands. However, you go right back to the bag, because it is irresistable! Oprah picked this as one of her favorite things. If you are ever in Chicago, do yourself a favor and give it a try. The shops are located downtown and in the train station and at O'Hare airport. I get my fix at the airport. It is also available online.












7. Travel. My idea of vacation is a beach and/or pool and a drink with an umbrella. I'm not into seeing historic sights, but into nature. If you haven't been to the Grand Canyon, pictures do not give you any idea of the grandeur. My last vacation was our trip to the Mexican Riviera. Beautiful! I've also been to Hawaii about 6 times. My favorite spot there is Maui. Our last trip was Feb. 2008. Whale season. Magnificent creatures! Here is a picture from that trip.

Charles Lindburg wanted to be buried away from civilization. He is buried in the graveyard outside this church. It is past the end of the "road to Hana". It was a trecherous drive, but we made it!


Ok, now I must pass this on to 7 other bloggers. Unfortunately, I don't have a huge following to choose from, but here ya go:

Dutch - Ups and Downs of Everyday Life

Cindy - Cindy's Life 2

Laura - My Favorite People are Dogs

Lisa - Lisa's Chaos

Lindsay - Frankenstein

Donna - My Tasty Treasures

Take it away, Ladies!

3 comments:

  1. Love your post and your picks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your Kreativ Blogger award... I must get a post up for mine too! :-0

    Glad you got the goods, and happy you like it all. I need to start thinking about the next giveaway.... hmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! And Thanks! We share many of the same loves! I like cars too, but not sure it's love because I'm happy with anything that has four wheels and will go vroom! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please stop and say hi!