Sunday, April 12, 2009

Macro Monday



Posted by Picasa


I took this picture on the island of Maui, near the grave of Charles Lindberg. I was amazed to see these little guys growing from between the rocks. They appear to me to be poinsettias! I did a little research and found that they do grow wild in Hawaii.
For more Macro Monday, visit Lisa!

12 comments:

  1. What a pretty and delicate find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the little shadow on the left too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over here we only see poinsettias at the nursery during the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting how plants can sprout from rocks...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing where beautiful things will grow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting it makes me wonder what we did to the original wild plants to create the huge ones we buy at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poinsettia was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this.... cool shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is amazing that some plants can grow in such small amounts of dirt. They just find a way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your high res image is great. Love the texture of the rocks, the shadows, the dead foliage among the living.

    Lovin' Macro Mondays,
    Cameo @-->-->---

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know Charles Lindberg was buried in HI!
    Learn something new every day. :) Nice pic and those plants look so delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this week on the way to the cottage we noticed some trees that appeared to be growing straight out of rock as well. great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This could be Euphorbia heterophylla (I'm from Bermuda and not surprised it's growing out of a rock!) Nice picture, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please stop and say hi!